Friday, May 27, 2016

Upgrades

I have been staying in an annex of a classroom since I arrived a few weeks ago. It has been pleasant enough but had the minor inconvenience of having to walk some distance to the outdoor bathroom in the evenings. The Yombwe’s have been working on the artist-in-residence facility for a couple of years off and on as funds allowed, and yesterday, it was finally ready for occupation. I moved in to my new digs and was able to walk a few steps to the facilities for my nightly visit(s). Today a “geyser”, a heated water tank for showers was installed on the roof and as the evenings in Zambia are rather cool this time of the year, a hot shower will be a stupendous luxury.
And speaking of living the lap of luxury the Yombwe’s have upgraded their washing machine…With the new facility came the new plumbing and a whole new system!
Regular family wash
New artist-in-residence wash

No comments:

Post a Comment