Monday, February 8, 2016

A bit about Agness..."She is not an artist".

To be honest, my first thoughts when I was presented with the idea of going to teach art in Africa was to imagine myself teaching in a small viliage to children that would not understand a word I was saying and would think that a pencil was a magical tool. The studio that I will be staying in and working as artist-in-residence is not like that. And the couple that run it are both accomplished artists that know a thing or two about media, equipment and art education. I would like to share with you a bit about Agness Yombwe, who runs the WayiWyi studios with her husband Lawrence in Livingston. Our relationship has developed over the past year on line and I have gotten to know her as a caring, loving and dedicated artist and educator. The following link was writen by an art critic in Zambia and will give you more of her story and what drives her to create.  http://andrewmulenga.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you, Agnes and Lawrence all to meet. It will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you, Agnes and Lawrence all to meet. It will be soon!

    ReplyDelete