Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Gallery Show

Last Friday I presented my ceramic work along with a number of Lawrence Yombwe's paintings at the Aurora Gallery On Main St. in Vancouver Wa.
This was my first offering of my work to the public and the conclusion of a longtime goal to "show my work", a necessary step of the creative process that I preach to students in the classroom, but had not actually done myself.

The gallery opening drew a wide variety of friends, fellow artists and total strangers. As I had hoped, it served as an educational opportunity to get word out about my upcoming journey as artist-in-residence in Zambia. It also was a wonderful venue to tell the story of the WayiWayi studios in Livingstone and the incredible story of Agness and Lawrence Yombwe's work to uplift students and the general community there through the arts. Toward that end, the gallery did an incredible job of presenting the art and the story. Thank you Elizabeth!

If you did not have the chance to attend, the show will be up through the month of March. The Aurora Galley has regular business hours, as it is also an frame shop. Please stop by to have a look. All sales proceeds will go to support this project.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful show and wonderful project. Thanks for sharing what you do!

    ReplyDelete